Aug 7th, Friday
Aug 8th, Saturday
General information on Philippine Education
System and Social Situation in Education
Context of Popular Education (Ed dela Torre)
Aug 9th, Sunday
KUMPAS / KPACIO
Aug 10th, Monday
Asia Leaders Programme (MA Dual Campus with Ateneo de Manila University)
PIECE(Program and Peace Education of Balay)
Aug 11th, Tuesday
Aug 12th, Wednesday
A short background on the organizations:
1. Unang Hakbang Foundation - has an educationprogram for the out-of-school youth where they help learners finish their elementary or high school by using modules from the Department of Education. They have integrated into this program livelihood skills such as baking. Thus, they have a bake shop in Quezon City where they peoduce cookies and pastries forsale to the public.
2. Balay is a partner of E-Net in the Partners in Education for Community Empowerment (PIECE), aprogram to improve quality and access to educationin armed conflict areas in Mindanao. Other partners in PIECE are Oxfam-GB and Community of Learners
3. KUMPAS is an urban poor organization in Pasig City near DepEd that has initiated daycare, reading and education programs for the out-of-school youth.
4. Phil Rights is a partner of E-Net that is currently implementing Human Rights and Peace education with the Lumads and Muslim groups in Mindanao. It has led the drafting of the Shadow Report on the UN ECOSOC Implementation in the Philippines disseminated in Geneva last year.
5. Young Focus is a community education program in Smokey Mountain that includes programs for in-school and out-of-school children. It has counselling services for parents and children and implements livelihood support programs.